- Each student receives an agenda and is to carry it at all times.
- Using the agenda as a planner, students take responsibility for planning and organizing their middle school experience.
- It is a key parent, student, teacher communication tool, with which all parties can closely monitor student progress.
- As a reference tool, the agenda contains a wealth of LBJ specific information and is the official hall pass.
- Students are required to replace lost, stolen or, damaged agendas in the administrative office for a $6.00 charge.
The staff and administration believe that attendance is a cooperative effort between the parent and the school. When the student is absent for any reason we ask that the parent/guardian contact the Attendance Office as soon as possible at 898-1492, ext. 21114.
For safety students leaving school during the day must be signed out in the main office.
Parents/guardians will be asked to provide a picture i.d. when signing out their student.
Students must sign in when arriving late to school.
In order to encourage organization and personal responsibility, backpacks/book bags are prohibited in classrooms. Students may visit their lockers during specified passing periods.
There are several options for students who have conflict or feel that they are being bullied.
- They can report it to CSA officer.
- They can use the bully box in the front office to anonymously report a bullying incident.
- They can go to their respective counselor.
- They can report it to an administrator.
All of these adults have different roles.
- The CSA investigates.
- The counselors counsel or if the victim agrees, will mediate.
- The administrators apply discipline, if necessary.
Further information regarding bullying is in the school discipline code.
Code of Conduct
- LBJ students are expected to be responsible for their own actions and behaviors.
- LBJ parents should be informed and involved in the discipline process.
- LBJ staff will present, explain, and monitor expected behaviors for our students.
- By working as a team, students, parents, and staff can ensure a safe, clean, and orderly learning environment.
STUDENTS at LBJ are responsible for their own actions and behavior. The discipline policy for LBJ has been developed upon this basic concept. LBJ provides a variety of consequences for improper behavior or violation of school rules in accordance with the APS Behavior Handbook.
Visitors on Campus
ALL visitors are to check in at the Main Office.
- Parents and other visitors must show PICTURE ID to obtain and wear a Visitor’s Pass before entering a classroom.
- Passes can be picked up at the front desk.
- If you wish to see a teacher, administrator, or counselor, please call and schedule an appointment.
- If you wish to visit a classroom, LBJ requires 24 hours notice.
- Students are not permitted to bring other students, friends and/or relatives as guests to visit LBJ.
- All students participating in field trips sponsored by LBJ must fill out a parental permission form prior to the date of the trip.
- The parent/guardian of the student must sign the form.
- Students will not be permitted to attend field trips without the original signed permission slip returned to the teacher by the specified deadline.
- Handwritten notes, faxed field trip forms are not acceptable.
- Students are responsible for turning in work assigned prior to a field trip.
- Every student is responsible for obtaining and completing assignments or lessons missed because of a field trip.
- Assigned work must be turned in prior to the trip or immediately after.