LBJ Volleyball - 2016 Season
Physical Exam forms and Concussion forms must be turned in to Coach Andy BEFORE a student can participate in tryouts. The Physical Exam form can be found as an attachment on this page. Take the Physical Exam form with you to your primary health care provider for a physical. Physicals are good for one year and can be used for multiple sports. The Concussion form can picked up from Coach Andy in the new gym.
Open Gym to practice skills:
- Thursday, August 18th and Friday, August 19th from 3:15-4:30 in the New Gym
- You do not need a physical exam form or a concussion form turned in to participate in open gym
- Monday, August 22nd through Tuesday, August 23rd from 3:15-5:00 in the New Gym
- A physical exam form and a concussion form must be turned in BEFORE you are allowed to tryout.
- 7th and 8th graders must turn in a copy of their final report card from the 2015-2016 school year. This is the report card that was mailed home at the beginning of the summer. To tryout, the student must have received a "C" or better in all classes during the 4th Quarter (Q4). If the student cannot find their final report card, they need to inform Coach Newton.
- Some cuts will be made after the first day of tryouts.
- After making the team, the student will be required to maintain a "C" or better in every class.
Two teams will be selected:
A-Team (7th-8th graders)
B-Team (6th-7th graders)